Saturday, February 16, 2008

Arrived Safely

I just wanted you to all know I have safely arrived in the capital, Accra, with very few complications. My first flight was supposedly overbooked, yet I ended up with the only empty seat next to me, which was super nice. It turns out across the aisle from me, a couple I was chatting with were both doctors. The wife is an internist and the husband is in ID (infectious disease, if Heather is reading this she is probably peeing her pants). AND they have a daughter, who works at a small university in Maine--University of New England!

Half way to Amsterdam, I hear a message over the intercom, that if anyone has medical skills, please report to the front. I was pretty glad at that point that my aisle-mates were doctors, because I'm not sure I really wanted to jump in quite yet. It turned out a guy had fainted, he was fine, the doctor did nothing.

I leave at 5am for Tamale, and possibly Nalerigu--the BIG road trip! I met the Fusheni, the office assistant taking me, and I think we are going to have alot of fun. The pharmacist from the hosptial is at the mission house right now, and she was reminding him where all the toilets are along the way for me! I thought that was so nice of her.

3 comments:

Mark Hallock said...

Biffy,
I got your blog info from your Mom this morning at church. Just wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Be safe, and may God continue to bless you as you continue to serve Him!!

Mark Hallock

Gail Galandak said...

Dear Biffy,

We were glad to hear that your journey got off to a smooth start and that you arrived safely. We know that this will be a life changing experience and that your work in Ghana will touch many lives. We pray that your entire time in Africa will be everything you hoped for. Just remember, don't bring home a husband.

Love,
Gail & John

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA. Now I can read all the posts and post back. I LOVED THE ID COMMENT! You are right; I gasped out loud and am jealous!
Love,
Heather