Thursday, February 28, 2008

TRIPLETS!

Sorry, I've been busy this week. I'm having difficulty getting my pictures to load! :-(

I have seen a lot of death here. BUT this week, I thankfully have been enjoying the start of life! Dr. Faile delivered via C-section a set of triplets! In all of his time here, he said this was a first for him. All girls, and all looking quite pink, healthy, and cute! I will admit I've missed the actual C-section, but I've been to 2 other C-sections this week.

I think I'm getting more skittish about waifu (manpruli for snake). They tell me it's NOT snake season, yet we are treating so many snakebites. And just for my edification, one of the patients brought in the dead waifu to show me. People are bitten by carpet vipers and cobras around here. The venom causes the patient's blood to not clot.

I'm becoming a budding surgeon around here. Today I took out a large lipoma myself (a benign fatty tumor). And I know by the time I get back, I will be an expert at incision and drainage of abscesses of any sort and any kind. I really wish my pictures would load, because I have great pictures of all the above mentioned things.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit that I'm completely jealous...even if there are snakes.
Matt

Anonymous said...

biffy i cant believe someone i know from little branchville is doing such an amazing thing. im doing laundry and dishes nothing compared to your wonderfull journey. ill be checking in often to see what other amazing and wonderfull things you encounter. love from home, diane belcher

ESK123 said...

Diane Belcher! I can't believe you are reading my blog!!!! I think what you are doing is very important too----you're children need you! It put a smile on my face to see your note today!