Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day



Ok this is a day late!

But we did celebrate St. Patrick's Day here in Ghana! The Ghanaians don't celebrate, but we did. However, I had this patient come in with shamrocks on her dress. I tried to explain to her that it was a holiday where I am from, I think I only confused her, but I told her she was wearing the right outfit for the day.

The top picture is of Bowa and I on his moto! I beg him to ride me to the gate after work daily. Bowa is one of our cooks.

5 comments:

Branchville Lady said...

Dear Elizabeth,
How depressing to see you set such a bad example by not wearing a helmet when riding a moto. Dad would never allow that at home and you promised to be safe.
Your caring father

Anonymous said...

do you have to have a liences to drive a moto??branchville diane

Anonymous said...

any beer there to celabtate st.pattys day??? diane

ESK123 said...

Technically it's a law to wear a helmet here, in practicality....no Ghanaian wears a helmet, or own a helmet.

Sorry, Diane, no beer.....the scholarship that sent me here made me sign a statement saying I would not drink. Since they were kind enough to send me here, I'm going to honor their rules.

Here's the other thing, two people on a bike is nothing, yesterday we saw 4 on one bike! Today Christy and I both were on the bike with Caleb....sorry Dad! We were going REALLY REALLY slow!

Unknown said...

Hi, Biffy!

I've really enjoyed reading about your exciting adventures in Ghana. Sorry I didn't write sooner but I'm new to this blogging! Your photos are great and I've learned a lot from your descriptions of the country, people, and the medical procedures you're doing.

Be safe and keep the posts coming. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

With love,
Annie

PS: Mr. Gerry would be SO proud of you!!!