Friday, March 7, 2008

I see a donkey

I have a thing for cheesy little songs, my roommate taught me one she learned here. Here's the words to the entire song:

I see a donkey,
A donkey follows me.
Hee-haw, hee-haw,
Hee-haw, hee-haw, hee-haw.

All the schoolchildren sing it here, and we can get Yisah, our cook, to sing with us, but now I'm kind of starting to think it's the Ghana equivalent of Row, Row, Row your boat or something like that. Christy and I are coming back from the mountain, and these boys were bringing firewood home on a donkey cart. Christy and I start singing the donkey song (because after all the donkey was pulling the cart), and the boys join in! It was too cute!

Today I got a nurse to sing it in the wards, like a guy probably 30-ish. I took a patient back to his bed after a procedure today, and he started singing it. It might replace the beaver song, it's a catchy little tune!

2 comments:

Mrs. White said...

Hi, Biffy!! Remember your old freshman English teacher from High Point?? Well, Mary Hassenplug just told me about your blog - and wow - isn't this cool? I laughed when I read the one post where you prefaced it by asking for forgiveness for any grammatical or mechanical mistakes!! The dress they made you is beautiful. What an amazing experience you must be having. What did you mean by "briding" a leg? Maybe you can explain it in your next post, or if you want, you can e-mail me at nwhite@hpregional.org. Glad to get to say hello!!

ESK123 said...

Mrs. White! Of course I remember you! I can't believe you or Ms. Hassenplug found my blog! It's been interesting to see who has posted. I feel like I'm going to have to watch my grammer more, I haven't taken an English class since 1st year of undergrad! hahaha I'm not sure what "briding" is, but what I meant to write was DEBRIDING---and I will explain it at some point.