Saturday, March 15, 2008

I have a need, a need for speed

Dad should not read this! :-P

Everyone rides motos here (motorcycles). And I have wanted to ride one....and last night was the night. It wasn't exactly how I imagined my first moto ride was going to be, but I'll take what I can get.

I was on call last night, and at 3am the doorbell goes off. The nurse says a guy had some kind of accident, and I needed to go the hospital. She hitched a ride on a moto, so she leaves. I get dressed and start walking up. I get to the Failes and realize there is a moto coming my way. The guy came back to pick me up. I quickly explain that I have never been on a moto before, he goes that's ok. I climb on, he shows me where my feet go. Then says we'll drive really slow. He meant it too, I don't think we hit 10 MPH. So I wasn't exactly a speed demon. BUT I think I have convinced each of the cooks that they should take me, so hopefully there will be more moto rides in my future.

By the way, the patient I was going to see had his gun explode. He took off part of 3 of his fingers and had some other lacerations. I sutured up a little, but decided it wasn't the right time to try my first amputation. He wasn't bleeding badly, so we wrapped him up. Then this morning I had assistance to do my first amputations.

No comments: