Monday, March 10, 2008

Nakpanduri Escarpement


Yesterday Elisabeth Faile took Christy #2, Cindy, and myself to Nakpanduri. (Christy Lee is my roommate and another 4th year med student, Christy #2 is a 3rd year surgical resident from TN. Both have the same initials, so we just refer to her as # 2)

The Escarpement is a beautiful set of cliffs, with views all the way into Burkina Faso, if it wasn't the Harmatten. It has alot of views that make you think, yes I am in Africa. There are all these great boulders on top, that Christy and I climbed all over.

Elisabeth then drove us down to the river, where I took the picture above, if the pictures could load faster I have a great picture of the road. It would not meet US standards by any means. On the way back up we picked up two guys walking along side the road (this is a very common practice here, in fact you are quite rude to not do it), and they gave Christy and I some tomatoes.

We also learned how Shea Butter is made from a Shea tree. It's quite the process, so be thankful the next time you put on lotion with shea butter.

Christy #2 and I had gone with Tommy to church in the morning, so I now have completed his 3 village Sunday circuit (he is going back to the US this week, so I wanted to enjoy the time I could go with him). Church was great, what wasn't as great is that I had been very good about putting suntan lotion on, until yesterday! I remembered before Nakpanduri, but I already got a little burned from church with Tommy.

No comments: